The Perfectionist's Handbook: Take Risks, Invite Criticism, and Make the Most of Your Mistakes
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Is perfectionism a good thing or does it get in our way? In The Perfectionist's Handbook, clinical psychologist Jeff Szymanski helps readers navigate their way out of the "perfectionism paradox": if your intentions are good (wanting to excel) and the outcomes you want are reasonable (to feel competent and satisfied), why would perfectionism backfire and result in unhappiness and stress? Learn when perfectionism will pay off, and when and why it sabotages you. Specific strategies are outlined throughout the book to help readers transform their perfectionism from a liability to an asset.
There is no reason to eliminate perfectionism altogetherinstead, build on what's working and change what's not. The Perfectionist's Handbook helps readers to:
- Distinguish between intention and strategy as a way of improving outcomes
- Identify diminishing returns and how to redistribute time and resources
- Make the most of mistakes rather than being preoccupied with trying to avoid them
- Learn to focus on your "Top 10" list as a way of getting the most out of your life
- Access others more effectively as a way of improving performance
- Obtain more balance in their lives
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Perfectionist's Handbook: Take Risks, Invite Criticism, and Make the Most of Your Mistakes (US $24.95)
-and- The Top 10 Distinctions Between Winners and Whiners (US $14.95)
Total List Price: US $39.90
Discounted Price: US $29.92 (Save: US $9.98)