A Brief Introduction To Fluid Mechanics, Student Solutions Manual , 5th Edition
March 2011, ©2011
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Illustrations: More than 200 new illustrations and graphs. These range from simple ones that help illustrate a basic concept or equation to more complex ones that illustrate practical applications of fluid mechanics in our everyday lives.
- Photographs: More than 200 new photos help the reader see fluid mechanics concepts in common everyday situations, as well as new and novel situations.
- Videos: The video library has been significantly enhanced by the addition of 70 new video segments related directly to the text material. Over 140 total videos now illustrate many of the interesting and practical applications of real-world fluid phenomena.
- Equation Summary: Each chapter ends with a new summary of the most important equations in the chapter, for easy reference.
- Problems: Approximately 50% new homework problems have been added for this edition. Several new problems ask students to find a photograph/image of a particular flow situation and write a paragraph describing it. Each chapter also includes new Life Long Learning Problems that ask the student to obtain information about a given flow concept and to write about it.
- Prevention through Design (PtD): Several new example problems in this edition incorporate PtD (Prevention through Design) discussion material, an initiative supported by NIOSH with the goal of increasing the awareness and use of proper design of work-day equipment to reduce accidents and injuries in the workplace.