The Google Resume: How to Prepare for a Career and Land a Job at Apple, Microsoft, Google, or any Top Tech Company
- Covers key concerns like what to major in, which extra-curriculars and other experiences look good, how to apply, how to design and tailor your resume, how to prepare for and excel in the interview, and much more
- Author was on Google’s hiring committee; interned at Microsoft and Apple; has received job offers from more than 10 tech firms; and runs CareerCup.com, a site devoted to tech jobs
Get the only comprehensive guide to working at some of America’s most dynamic, innovative, and well-paying tech companies with The Google Resume.
Chapter 2 Advanced Preparation 15
Chapter 3 Getting in the Door 36
Chapter 4 Résumés 57
Chapter 5 Deconstructing the Résumé 78
Chapter 6 Cover Letters and References 89
Chapter 7 Interview Prep and Overview 108
Chapter 8 Interview Questions 137
Chapter 9 The Programming Interview 163
Chapter 10 Getting into Gaming 190
Chapter 11 The Offer 207
Chapter 12 On the Job 230
Chapter 13 Final Thoughts: Luck, Determination, and What You Can Do 258
Appendix A 156 Action Words to Make Your Résumé Jump 261
Appendix B Answers to Behavioral Interview Questions 265
People from all industries drool over the perks and salary enjoyed by employees at Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, and other tech companies: casual attire, free and unlimited sodas (or even food), flexible hours, onsite luxury gyms, and funky offices. The Google Resume is targeted at people from all industries who crave one of the coveted positions at these top tech firms. It instructs students on what to study and how to prepare, what career paths to seek, and it explains to job seekers, both technical and non-technical, how to make themselves stand out from the hoards of other candidates seeking jobs at a tech company. The book answers questions such as:
- What should you major in?
- What can you do outside of work to make yourself stand out?
- How do you perform well at work -- and have it show in your next application?
- How should you design your resume?
- How much technical expertise do you need?
- How should you prep for the interview?
The Google Resume: How to Prepare for a Career and Land a Job at Apple, Microsoft, Google, or any Top Tech Company (US $22.95)
Total List Price: US $42.90
Discounted Price: US $32.17 (Save: US $10.73)