The Consulting Bible: Everything You Need to Know to Create and Expand a Seven-Figure Consulting Practice
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
For many consultants, the day comes when they want to put their knowledge to better use by extracting themselves from the shadow of the corporate world and set out on their own. With thousands of independent consultants already established, how can these new entrepreneurs make a name and create a successful business for themselves rapidly and profitably?
Expert consultant and best-selling author Alan Weiss, who coaches consultants globally and has written more books on solo consulting than anyone in history, shares his comprehensive expertise in his new book, The Consulting Bible; Everything You Need to Know to Create and Expand a Seven-Figure Consulting Practice (Wiley; Paperback; April 2011; $19.95; ISBN: 978-0-470-92808-0). In his most comprehensive book on consulting, which embraces the profession from establishing a practice through seven-figure success, everyone from veteran consultants to those new to the industry can use this books as a guide to growing and succeeding in the flexible and rewarding profession of solo and boutique consulting.
“I’ve given this book a noble name because ours is a noble calling,” says Weiss. “Whether a newcomer or highly experienced, this book will show readers how to become superb at attracting clients, so that they can enrich their lives and the lives of those around them—but first they have to believe.”
The Consulting Bible delivers Weiss’ field-tested advice, showing readers they can:
- Learn and appreciate the origins and evolution of the consulting profession
- Learn the nine components of a winning proposal
- Establish value-based fees and protect that value
- Create testimonials and references, and establish long-term leverage
- Acquire know-how for providing coaching, conflict resolution, negotiation, crises management, and dozens of other interventions
- Develop supreme communication skills
- Launch a practice or firm and propel it to top performance
- Implement consulting strategies in public and private organizations, large or small, global or domestic
- Select from the widest variety of consulting methodologies
- Achieve lasting success professionally and personally
To keep the book’s guidance as up-to-date as possible, there will be continuing and organic additions made through the online Appendix, available to readers immediately at http://www.summitconsulting.com, in the book store section, for no additional charge.