The Restaurant: From Concept to Operation, Study Guide, 6th Edition
January 2011, ©2010
- New Chapter: (10) Restaurant Leadership and Management defines the characteristics of an effective leader as well as what it takes to successfully lead restaurant employees.
- Spotlights on sustainability and sustainable restaurant management throughout.
- A greater emphasis on restaurant business plans, restaurant management, and restaurant operations.
- An increased focus toward the independent restaurateur.
- New topical coverage, including: the early history of eating out and restaurants in America; purchasing meat, cocktails, spirits, and nonalcoholic beverages; and the influences of Native American and African American food on the industry.
- Comprehensive and reader friendly approach to all the basics
- Takes readers step-by-step through the complicated process of planning, creating, and opening any type of restaurant
- Includes information on topics such as staffing, legal and regulatory concerns, cost control and general financing, marketing and promotion, kitchen planning and design, the menu, sanitation and concept
- Strong pedagogical features such as learning objectives, key terms and concepts, and review questions in each chapter
- Includes up-to-date restaurant profiles, as well as sidebars offering advice, charts, tables, photographs and menus
The Restaurant: From Concept to Operation, Study Guide, 6th Edition (US $47.95)
-and- Supervision in the Hospitality Industry, Study Guide, 7th Edition (US $46.95)
Total List Price: US $94.90
Discounted Price: US $71.17 (Save: US $23.73)