J.K. Lasser's 1001 Deductions and Tax Breaks 2011: Your Complete Guide to Everything Deductible
Completely revised to reflect important changes in this year's tax laws, J.K. Lasser's 1001 Deductions & Tax Breaks 2011 will help you take advantage of every tax break and deduction you may be entitled to.
This comprehensive guide is clearly organized by subject matter so you can easily find situations that may apply to you. Each tax benefit is also clearly explained-along with the eligibility requirements for claiming the benefit-while planning tips and common pitfalls associated with the benefit in question are discussed in detail. New tax law alerts are also included throughout the book, so you can make the most informed decisions possible.
- Discusses deductions and tax breaks with regard to your family, home, car, job, investments, education, charitable giving, health coverage, and much more
- Packed with hundreds of updated examples, practical advice, and real-world examples
- Online supplement to update developments
- Other titles by Weltman: J.K. Lasser's Small Business Taxes 2011 and J.K. Lasser's New Tax Laws Simplified 2011
J.K. Lasser's 1001 Deductions & Tax Breaks 2011 is a book every taxpayer should own.
1. You and Your Family.
2. Medical Expenses.
3. Education Costs.
4. Your Home.
5. Retirement Savings.
6. Charitable Giving.
7. Your Car.
11. Real Estate.
12. Borrowing and Interest.
13. Insurance and Catastrophes.
14. Your Job.
15. Your Business.
16. Miscellaneous Items.
Appendix A. Items Adjusted Annually for Inflation.
Appendix B. Checklist of Tax-Free Items.
Appendix C. Checklist of Nondeductible Items.