Manual of Trauma Management in the Dog and Cat
May 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
Beginning with a concise summary of the global assessment of traumatized patients, the heart of the book is devoted to guidance on managing specific types of trauma following definitive diagnosis. Manual of Trauma Management in the Dog and Cat is a valuable quick-reference guide to treating canine and feline trauma patients for general practitioners and emergency specialists alike.
1. GLOBAL APPROACH TO THE TRAUMA PATIENT (Kenneth J. Drobatz).
2. TRIAGE AND PRIMARY SURVEY (Matthew W. Beal).
3. SHOCK IN THE TRAUMA PATIENT (Rebecca S. Syring).
4. MONITORING OF THE TRAUMA PATIENT (Dana L. Clarke and Andrew J. Brown).
5. ANESTHESIA AND ANALGESIA FOR THE TRAUMA PATIENT (Benjamin M. Brainard and Lindsey Culp-Snyder).
6. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED THORACIC INJURY (Matthew W. Beal).
7. TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY (Rebecca Syring).
8. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED PERIPHERAL NERVE INJURY (Jessica Snyder).
9. TRAUMATIC SPINAL INJURY (Daniel Fletcher).
10. URINARY TRACT TRAUMA (Merilee F. Costello).
11. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED ABDOMINAL PARENCHYMAL ORGAN INJURY (Andrew J. Brown, Charles S. McBrien, and Stephen J. Mehler).
12. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED BILIARY TRACT INJURY (Phillip Mayhew).
13. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED BODY WALL AND TORSO INJURY (Phillip Mayhew and William Culp).
14. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED GASTROINTESTINAL INJURY (Phillip Mayhew and William Culp).
15. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED OCULAR INJURY (Deborah C. Mandell).
16. TRAUMA-ASSOCIATED MUSCULOSKELETAL INJURY TO THE HEAD (Alexander M. Reiter and John R. Lewis).
17. TRAUMA-ASSOCIATED SOFT TISSUE INJURY TO THE HEAD AND NECK (John R. Lewis and Alexander M. Reiter).
18. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED MUSCULOSKELETAL INJURY TO THE APPENDICULAR SKELETON (Stephen J. Mehler).
19. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED MUSCULOSKELETAL INJURY TO THE PELVIS, SACRUM AND TAIL (Lauren May and Stephen J. Mehler).
20. BITE WOUND TRAUMA (David Holt).
21. TRAUMA ASSOCIATED AURAL INJURY (William Culp and Phillip Mayhew).
Matthew W. Beal, DVM, DACVECC, is an Associate Professor of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine and Director of Interventional Radiology Services at the College of Veterinary Medicine at Michigan State University.
Rebecca S. Syring, DVM, DACVECC, is a Staff Veterinarian in the Section of Critical Care at the University of Pennsylvania's School of Veterinary Medicine.
Offers accessible, practical information on stabilizing, diagnosing, and managing traumatic injuries in dogs and cats
Presented in outline format for ease of use in the fast-paced emergency setting
Provides information on treating a wide range of injuries and conditions
Emphasizes clinically relevant information on this common presenting complaint
Equally useful to general practitioners and emergency specialists
"Clinical details are accessible to clinical and emergency settings alike, making this a detailed, essential reference." (The Midwest Book Review, 1 November 2011)
"This book provides practical information on a wide range of traumatic injuries. The format should make it easy to use in an emergency situation." (Doddy's, 9 September 2011)
Manual of Trauma Management in the Dog and Cat (US $91.99)
Total List Price: US $191.98
Discounted Price: US $143.98 (Save: US $48.00)