Fundamentals of Wireless Sensor Networks: Theory and Practice
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
- Offers a comprehensive introduction to the theoretical and practical concepts pertaining to wireless sensor networks
- Explains the constraints and challenges of wireless sensor network design; and discusses the most promising solutions
- Provides an in-depth treatment of the most critical technologies for sensor network communications, power management, security, and programming
- Reviews the latest research results in sensor network design, and demonstrates how the individual components fit together to build complex sensing systems for a variety of application scenarios
- Includes an accompanying website containing solutions to exercises (http://www.wiley.com/go/dargie_fundamentals)
This book serves as an introductory text to the field of wireless sensor networks at both graduate and advanced undergraduate level, but it will also appeal to researchers and practitioners wishing to learn about sensor network technologies and their application areas, including environmental monitoring, protection of civil infrastructure, health care, precision agriculture, traffic control, and homeland security.