Introduction to Finite Element Analysis: Formulation, Verification and Validation
April 2011, ©2011
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Whenever numerical simulation is employed in connection with engineering decision-making, there is an implied expectation of reliability: one cannot base decisions on computed information without believing that information is reliable enough to support those decisions. Using mathematical models to show the reliability of computer-generated information is an essential part of any modelling effort.
Giving users of finite element analysis (FEA) software an introduction to verification and validation procedures, this book thoroughly covers the fundamentals of assuring reliability in numerical simulation. The renowned authors systematically guide readers through the basic theory and algorithmic structure of the finite element method, using helpful examples and exercises throughout.
- Delivers the tools needed to have a working knowledge of the finite element method
- Illustrates the concepts and procedures of verification and validation
- Explains the process of conceptualization supported by virtual experimentation
- Describes the convergence characteristics of the h-, p- and hp-methods
- Covers the hierarchic view of mathematical models and finite element spaces
- Uses examples and exercises which illustrate the techniques and procedures of quality assurance
- Ideal for mechanical and structural engineering students, practicing engineers and applied mathematicians
- Includes parameter-controlled examples of solved problems in a companion website (www.wiley.com/go/szabo)
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Introduction to Finite Element Analysis: Formulation, Verification and Validation (US $110.00)
-and- TRIZ for Engineers: Enabling Inventive Problem Solving (US $75.00)
Total List Price: US $185.00
Discounted Price: US $138.75 (Save: US $46.25)