Surface Science: Foundations of Catalysis and Nanoscience, 2nd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
- Fully revised and updated to include more worked examples and many new exercises to help develop problem-solving skills.
- Now includes more material on ‘nano’ with more extensive discussion on nanoparticle growth and quantum confinement effects in nanoscale systems.
- Two new chapters on Liquid/Solid Interface and Non-Thermal Reactions and Photon and Electron Stimulated Chemistry.
- Provides a modern, molecular view of surfaces combined with a careful pedagogical approach to chemical reaction dynamics.
- Introduces both theoretical and experimental techniques including a detailed explanation of growth and etching.
- Includes numerous examples of the relevance of surface chemistry to industrial processes combined with end of chapter problems and an extensive bibliography.
- Author website associated with the book (http://faculty.virginia.edu/surfacescience/) that includes supplementary material, figures from the book and references to other key websites that may be of interest.