Host Identity Protocol (HIP): Towards the Secure Mobile Internet
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
One of the challenges facing the current Internet architecture is the incorporation of mobile and multi-homed terminals (hosts), and an overall lack of protection against Denial-of-Service attacks and identity spoofing. The Host Identity Protocol (HIP) is being developed by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) as an integrated solution to these problems. The book presents a well-structured, readable and compact overview of the core protocol with relevant extensions to the Internet architecture and infrastructure. The covered topics include the Bound End-to-End Tunnel Mode for IPsec, Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash Identifiers, extensions to the Domain Name System, IPv4 and IPv6 interoperability, integration with SIP, and support for legacy applications.
Unique features of the book:
- All-in-one source for HIP specifications
- Complete coverage of HIP architecture and protocols
- Base exchange, mobility and multihoming extensions
- Practical snapshots of protocol operation
- IP security on lightweight devices
- Traversal of middleboxes, such as NATs and firewalls
- Name resolution infrastructure
- Micromobility, multicast, privacy extensions
- Chapter on applications, including HIP pilot deployment in a Boeing factory
- HOWTO for HIP on Linux (HIPL) implementation
An important compliment to the official IETF specifications, this book will be a valuable reference for practicing engineers in equipment manufacturing companies and telecom operators, as well as network managers, network engineers, network operators and telecom engineers. Advanced students and academics, IT managers, professionals and operating system specialists will also find this book of interest.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Host Identity Protocol (HIP): Towards the Secure Mobile Internet (US $115.00)
Total List Price: US $183.00
Discounted Price: US $137.25 (Save: US $45.75)