The Blackwell Companion to Hinduism
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This Companion presents the most recent scholarly thinking about Hinduism in an accessible way. It provides a forum for the best scholars in the world to make their views and research available to a wider audience.
- Presents the most recent scholarly thinking about Hinduism in an accessible way.
- Leading scholars make their views and research available to a wider readership.
- Divided into four sections covering theoretical issues, textual traditions, systematic thought, and Hindu society and politics.
- Reflects the trend away from essentialist understandings of Hinduism towards tradition and regional-specific studies.
- Ideal for use on university courses.