Introduction to Engineering Programming: In C, Matlab and Java
February 1999, ©1999
Click here to read ACCU's review of this book.
This text is an indispensable collection of four tutorials covering concepts in modern engineering computations, and engineering programming in ANSI C, MATLAB Version 5 and Java 1.1.
Introduction to Engineering Computations.
Principles of Engineering Software Development.
C PROGRAMMING TUTORIAL.
Basic Data Types and Variables.
Operators and Expressions.
Control of Flow.
Arrays and Pointers.
Dynamic Allocation of Memory.
The C Preprocessor.
Input and Output.
MATLAB PROGRAMMING TUTORIAL.
Introduction to MATLAB.
Solution of Linear Matrix Equations.
JAVA PROGRAMMING TUTORIAL.
Introduction to Java.
Object-Oriented Program Design.
The Java Language.
- Modern engineering computations tutorial covers hardware components in a simple computer, operating systems, networks, including the Internet and World Wide Web, and an overview of programming languages.
- C tutorials teach students how to write multi-function C programs. Topics include basic data types, operators and expressions, program control, functions, dynamic memory allocation, and input/output.
- MATLAB tutorials teach students how to solve simple matrix programs with simple graphics. We will see how MATLAB programs can be much shorter than equivalent implementations in C or Java.
- Java tutorials teach students how Java got started, about object-oriented program design, and how to write Java programs with platform-independent graphical user interfaces that can operate across the Internet.
- Readers are given practical guidance on selecting the right programming language for the right job. A small suite of basic engineering problems is implemented in each of the three programming languages.
- The book contains 56 case study programs and 115 programming exercises.