Aluminum Structures: A Guide to Their Specifications and Design, 2nd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
"The book is a success in providing a comprehensive introduction to the use of aluminum structures . . . contains lots of useful information."
—Materials & Manufacturing Processes
"A must for the aluminum engineer. The authors are to be commended for their painstaking work."
—Light Metal Age
Technical guidance and inspiration for designing aluminum structures
Aluminum Structures, Second Edition demonstrates how strong, lightweight, corrosion-resistant aluminum opens up a whole new world of design possibilities for engineering and architecture professionals. Keyed to the revised Specification for Aluminum Structures of the 2000 edition of the Aluminum Design Manual, it provides quick look-up tables for design calculations; examples of recently built aluminum structures-from buildings to bridges; and a comparison of aluminum to other structural materials, particularly steel. Topics covered include:
- Structural properties of aluminum alloys
- Aluminum structural design for beams, columns, and tension members
- Extruding and other fabrication techniques
- Welding and mechanical connections
- Aluminum structural systems, including space frames, composite members, and plate structures
- Inspection and testing
- Load and resistance factor design
- Recent developments in aluminum structures