GPS Satellite Surveying, 3rd Edition
December 2003, ©2004
Comprehensive and thorough in its coverage, GPS Satellite Surveying, Third Edition is the updated edition of Alfred Leick’s classic introduction to the field. Written to help specialists get the most out of GPS surveying techniques and the resulting measurements, this standard industry reference provides the latest fundamental and cutting-edge material for working with GPS today.
A unique volume in the field, this Third Edition offers an unrivaled presentation of procedures that apply to the Russian GLONASS, the forthcoming European GALILEO, and U.S. GPS satellite systems. New coverage addresses emerging precise-point positioning technology, as well as the most current information on:
- Geodetic reference systems
- GPS modernization
- Least-squares adjustments
- Pseudoranges and carrier phases
- The troposphere and ionosphere
- The LAMBDA technique
- The ellipsoidal and conformal mapping models
GPS Satellite Surveying, Third Edition is a dependable, up-to-date reference for surveyors, civil engineers, transportation engineers, geologists, geographers, technicians, and students.
2. Geodetic Reference Systems.
3. Satellite Systems.
4. Least-Squares Adjustments.
5.Pseudorange and Carrier Phase Observables.
6. Troposphere and Ionosphere.
7. Processing Pseudoranges and Carrier Phases.
8. Network Adjustments.
9. Two-Dimensional Geodetic Models.
Appendix A. General Background.
Appendix B. The Ellipsoid.
Appendix C. Conformal Mapping.