Strategic Human Resources: Frameworks for General Managers
April 1999, ©1999
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- A general management focus that ties HRM to business and marketing strategy, production technology, accounting systems, legal responsibilities, and other concerns of general managers.
- A big picture perspective that ties the different pieces of HRM into a coherent strategic whole.
- An honest analysis of the tough tradeoffs that must be made in setting and implementing HR strategy.
- A rigorous analysis that is based onand integratesrecent research by economists, sociologists, and psychologists.
- Up-to-date discussion of current issues such as TQM, high-commitment work systems, workforce diversity, downsizing, outsourcing, 360 degree performance evaluation, globalization, and HRM in high-tech start-ups.
- Clear writing that students and managers can understand, without an overdose of academic jargon.
- Lots of interesting real-life cases and examples.