Strategic Environmental Management for Engineers
Helpful coverage in Strategic Environmental Management for Engineers includes:
- All key environmental management tools, including life-cycle assessment, environmental metrics, extended producer responsibility, ISO 14000 environmental management systems, and "zero waste" options
- Valuable support for implementing SEM into an organization by function (e.g., R&D, engineering design, production, etc.) and by typical industry processes (e.g., papermaking, ethanol production, aluminum production, automobile manufacturing, etc.)
Introduction You Can Get There from Here: Green Engineering—Precursors, Principles, and Prospects (Bill Vitek and Ross Whaley).
1. Understanding Industrial Ecology and the Multiple Dimensions of Sustainability (Thomas P. Seager).
Metrics of Industrial Ecology.
Beyond Impacts Aggregation: Multicriteria Decision Analysis.
Design for Sustainability.
2. Life-Cycle Management (Susan E. Powers and Anahita A. Williamson).
Standard Implementation of LCA.
Alternative Approaches for LCAs.
Tools for Conducting an LCA.
Valuing the LCA in Business Decisions.
3. Extending Product Responsibility in the United States: Life-Cycle Opportunities (Hilary G. Grimes).
Extended Product Responsibility in the United States.
Extended Product Responsibility in the Product Life Cycle.
Rationale for Employing EPR.
Implementing EPR in the United States.
Case Studies in Industry.
Consequences of Implementing EPR in the United States.
4. Pollution Potential Approach to Environmental Optimization—The Case of CFC Replacements (Thomas P. Seager and Thomas L. Theis).
Sustainability Metrics in Design: Freezer Insulation.
5. Implementation of an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (Peter S. Segretto and Marc J. Dent)
Multiple Criteria for Success.
What Is ISO 14000?
Why Implement ISO 14001?
Elements of the ISO 14001 Management System.
6. Zero Liquid Discharge—The Ultimate Design Challenge (Timothy J. Barry and Michael J. Tracy).
Water Use and Automobile Manufacturing.
DaimlerChrysler de Mexico—Treatment Overview.
7. Green Chemistry (Mark R. Greene).
The 12 Principles of Green Chemistry.
Assessing Green Approaches to Chemistry.
Green Chemistry in Practice.
O’Brien & Gere’s profits from this book are used to fund scholarships for engineering students.
Robert Bellandi, ELS, has edited two earlier books with O’Brien & Gere Engineers on the subject of hazardous waste remediation and has recently contributed to a review of water resource and water quality management in New York State from 1789 to 1970.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Strategic Environmental Management for Engineers (US $130.00)
Total List Price: US $214.00
Discounted Price: US $160.50 (Save: US $53.50)