The Measure of Man and Woman: Human Factors in Design, Revised Edition
Human Factors: A Brief History.
2. The Elderly.
4. Residential Space Considerations.
5. Maintenance Access.
6. Safety at Work and at Home.
7. Vehicular Accommodation.
9. Manual Controls.
10. The Environment.
Appendix A: Conversion Scales.
Appendix B: Abbreviations.
Appendix C: Anthropometric Terms.
Illustations: Anatomical Planes and Orientations.
HENRY DREYFUSS ASSOCIATES, a leading New York design firm, has been a major developer of anthropometric data for more than seventy years, gathering and publishing all the essential measurements of the human body and its relationship to the designed environment.
ALVIN R. TILLEY (191493), the firm's specialist in human engineering for forty years, was recognized as one of the world's foremost authorities on human factors. The compiler of the data presented in this volume, Tilley was coauthor of Humanscale and a major contributor to this book's predecessor, The Measure of Man.
- Classic design text authored by highly respected design firm.
- Features more than 200 anthropometric drawings, reproduced in two colors for ease of reference.
- Measurements appear in both imperial and metric units.
- Includes guidelines for designing products and environments for children and the elderly.
- Revised edition addresses the current needs of the digital workplace.
- New - ErgoForms demo disk included. Software features Dreyfuss-based scalable, positionable figures for CAD layouts.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Measure of Man and Woman: Human Factors in Design, Revised Edition (US $80.00)
Total List Price: US $109.95
Discounted Price: US $82.46 (Save: US $27.49)