Entrepreneur Magazine: Small Business Legal Guide
" . . . will enable small-business people to save a lot of money
by doing simple legal matters (contracts, partnership agreements)
on their own."
—Charles Fuller Editor of Business Products, Entrepreneur Magazine Group
Don't let crippling legal fees stop you from realizing your dreams of success. Learn how to handle many of your own legal matters with the Entrepreneur Magazine Small Business Legal Guide. Barbara S. Shea, founder of the celebrated alternative legal counseling firm Court Coach, and Jennifer Haupt help you cut your legal fees significantly by arming you with all the basic legal knowledge and expert guidance you need to act as your own attorney in appropriate situations. A valuable resource for newcomers and established business owners alike, it covers legal issues crucial to every stage of a business's life cycle, including:
- Legal terminology—what it means and how to use it
- Statutes, regulations, and case law
- How to think analytically like a lawyer and apply the law to the facts
- Filing forms of organization and capitalizing your business
- Negotiating leases and contracts
- The ins and outs of taxes, employee rights, and claims litigation
- The legalities of bankruptcy and the protection of personal assets
- How to find a good lawyer and get the most out of legal assistance
- Much more Offering an easy, safe, and affordable way to keep your legal costs to a minimum, the Entrepreneur Magazine Small Business Legal Guide just might be the most important capital investment you make this year.
Also available from the Entrepreneur Magazine library:
- The Entrepreneur Magazine Small Business Advisor
- Starting an Import/Export Business
- Making Money with Your Home Computer
- Starting a Home-Based Business
FREE issue of Entrepreneur Magazine
- 50% Discount on Entrepreneur Magazine subscription
- 1/2 price admission to any Entrepreneur Magazine Small Business Expo
- Discount on American Entrepreneurs Association membership
See details and coupons in back of book.
Setting Up Your Business to Avoid Legal Pitfalls.
Setting Up a Sole Proprietorship or Partnership.
Insurance: Would You Believe You Need All This?
Franchises, Licenses, and Permits.
THE LEGALITIES OF RUNNING A SMALL BUSINESS.
Demystifying the Tax Basics.
Hiring and Firing Your Staff.
The Other Side of the Fence: Your Rights as an Employer.
The Small Claims Court.
Having Your Day in Court.
CLOSING DOWN A SMALL BUSINESS.
How to Close Up Shop Gracefully.
Avoiding Bankruptcy in the Case of Sudden Death or Disability.
Reclaiming Your Good Financial Name.
BARBARA S. SHEA is an attorney and the founder of the innovative legal firm Court Coach. Her ideas have been profiled in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and on ABC-TV's The Home Show.
JENNIFER HAUPT is a successful business writer based in Bellevue, Washington.