Nonlinear Optical Communication Networks
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This book responds to the need for a coherent approach to nonlinear optical communication systems. It gives telecommunications researchers and engineers a handle on the unique problems presented by the proliferation of optical technologies in telecommunications in recent years and provides problem-solving strategies for various network functions and operations.
The product of a collaborative effort by four well-known researchers in telecommunications transmission systems, this volume covers design basics, network performance, and state-of-the-art system analysis tools and is supplemented with hundreds of illustrations as well as appendices containing the necessary mathematical derivations. It details:
* Design principles of the network transmission layer with optical technologies and fiber nonlinearities in place.
* Performance evaluation for a variety of optical transmission systems operating under nonlinear propagation regimes.
* Local area networks, regional networks, and geographical networks--their potential transmission capacity and possible problems.
* Examples of effective design from the most promising nonlinear optical transmission systems.
* The methodology for design and analysis of a generic system
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Nonlinear Optical Communication Networks (US $186.00)
-and- Compact Multifunctional Antennas for Wireless Systems (US $99.95)
Total List Price: US $285.95
Discounted Price: US $214.46 (Save: US $71.49)