Bread: A Baker's Book of Techniques and Recipes
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Brings all of the most important techniques of bread baking to the student, professional baker, and the serious home baker — scaling, mixing, folding, dividing, pre-shaping, bench resting, shaping, scoring, and baking — so that he can create the best loaf.
- Packed with techniques, each addressing the particularities of different types of dough
- Answers many important questions that affect the quality of the loaf: how does the protein level in flour affect the amount of water that it absorbs? how does a baker know the right time to load the loaves for the ideal outcome?
- 118 recipes include American measures, metric measures, home measures, and baker's percentages
- 245 illustrations demonstrating proper step-by-step technique
- 48 four-color photographs.