Bank Management: Text and Cases, 5th Edition
December 1998, ©1999
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- New Chapter Four provides a thorough introduction to valuation in banking based on fixed-income and business finance theory.
- New Chapter Five extends and carefully paces the analysis of asset and liability management with emphasis on insights about its interaction with yield curve behavior.
- Chapters 13, 14, and 15 present the complete analytics of forwards, futures, options, and interest rate swaps and the markets in which these instruments trade. Derivative products are integrated into bank hedging and product pricing.
- Includes new technical appendices to the five new chapters with banking applications that provide potential for graduate projects.
- Chapters on credit reduced from four to three, all chapter are based on the unifying model that clarifies the structure and step-wise management of bank credit risk.
- Seven new cases added, including inside looks at actual applications of derivatives to manage banking products, balance sheet structure, and currency risk.
- New end of chapter problems include student-tested computational problems to encourage active learning.