Regression Graphics: Ideas for Studying Regressions Through Graphics
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Recent developments in computer technology have stimulated new and exciting uses for graphics in statistical analyses. Regression Graphics, one of the first graduate-level textbooks on the subject, demonstrates how statisticians, both theoretical and applied, can use these exciting innovations. After developing a relatively new regression context that requires few scope-limiting conditions, Regression Graphics guides readers through the process of analyzing regressions graphically and assessing and selecting models. This innovative reference makes use of a wide range of graphical tools, including 2D and 3D scatterplots, 3D binary response plots, and scatterplot matrices. Supplemented by a companion ftp site, it features numerous data sets and applied examples that are used to elucidate the theory.
Other important features of this book include:
* Extensive coverage of a relatively new regression context based on dimension-reduction subspaces and sufficient summary plots
* Graphical regression, an iterative visualization process for constructing sufficient regression views
* Graphics for regressions with a binary response
* Graphics for model assessment, including residual plots
* Net-effects plots for assessing predictor contributions
* Graphics for predictor and response transformations
* Inverse regression methods
* Access to a Web site of supplemental plots, data sets, and 3D color displays.
An ideal text for students in graduate-level courses on statistical analysis, Regression Graphics is also an excellent reference for professional statisticians.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Regression Graphics: Ideas for Studying Regressions Through Graphics (US $172.00)
-and- Visual Statistics: Seeing Data with Dynamic Interactive Graphics (US $129.00)
Total List Price: US $301.00
Discounted Price: US $225.75 (Save: US $75.25)