Pavement Design and Materials
January 2008, ©2008
With innovations ranging from the advent of Superpave™, the data generated by the Long Term Pavement Performance (LTPP) project, to the recent release of the Mechanistic-Empirical pavement design guide developed under NCHRP Study 1-37A, the field of pavement engineering is experiencing significant development. Pavement Design and Materials is a practical reference for both students and practicing engineers that explores all the aspects of pavement engineering, including materials, analysis, design, evaluation, and economic analysis.
Historically, numerous techniques have been applied by a multitude of jurisdictions dealing with roadway pavements. This book focuses on the best-established, currently applicable techniques available.
Pavement Design and Materials offers complete coverage of:
- The characterization of traffic input
- The characterization of pavement bases/subgrades and aggregates
- Asphalt binder and asphalt concrete characterization
- Portland cement and concrete characterization
- Analysis of flexible and rigid pavements
- Pavement evaluation
- Environmental effects on pavements
- The design of flexible and rigid pavements
- Pavement rehabilitation
- Economic analysis of alternative pavement designs
The coverage is accompanied by suggestions for software for implementing various analytical techniques described in these chapters. These tools are easily accessible through the book’s companion Web site, which is constantly updated to ensure that the reader finds the most up-to-date software available.
2. Pavement Traffic Loading.
3. Characterization of Pavement Subgrades and Bases.
5. Asphalt Materials.
6. Concrete Materials.
7. Flexible Pavement Analysis.
8. Rigid Pavement Analysis.
9. Pavement Evaluation.
10. Environmental Effects on Pavements.
11. Structural Design of Flexible Pavements.
12. Structural Design of Rigid Pavements.
13. Pavement Rehabilitation.
14. Economic Analysis of Pavement Project Alternatives.
A.T. Papagiannakis, PHD, P.E., is the Chair of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Texas at San Antonio.
E.A. Masad, PHD, P.E., is an Associate Professor at the Zachry Department of Civil Engineering at Texas A&M University.
· Designed specifically for a two-semester, senior level elective sequence on pavement engineering, beginning with materials and finishing with design.
· Offers state-of-the-art methods for evaluating existing pavements, including non-destructive methods.
· Covers all major paving materials, both concrete and all bituminous (asphalt) materials including Superpave.
· End-chapter problems and questions (with separate Instructor's Solutions Manual).
· Companion web site offers a list of websites for obtaining pavement-related software and files related to the solved example problems in the book.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Pavement Design and Materials (US $165.00)
Total List Price: US $320.00
Discounted Price: US $240.00 (Save: US $80.00)