The Interior Design Business Handbook: A Complete Guide to Profitability, 3rd Edition
Finding Your Place in Interior Design.
Starting a Business.
Planning for Profit and Growth.
Setting Up a Design Studio.
Developing a Team of Staff and Consultants.
Marketing and Selling.
Succeeding in Project Management.
Charging for Your Services.
Working with Sources and Contractors.
Managing Your Office.
Mastering Financial Management.
Growing as a Professional.
As a consultant, Ms. Knackstedt has helped develop many new businesses and helped to restore failing businesses. She continues to consult designers individually and in groups throughout the country.
- Establishing an electronic office
- Pros and cons of working alone and creating partnerships with other design professionals
- Establishing value for services in a world now served by the Internet
- Hiring and working with off-site employees
- Comprehensive guide to managing an interior design businessincluding proven procedures as well as practical tools and techniques.
- Includes more than 50 sample forms and letters that can be adapted for individualized use (e.g. prospective client report form, design service outline, existing conditions survey, letter of transmittal).