G Protein-Coupled Receptor--Protein Interactions
Series Preface (David R. Sibley).
Preface (Susan R. George & Brian F. O'Dowd).
1. Purification of the G Protein-Coupled Receptor Rhodopsin for Structural Studies (David Salom, Ning Li, Li Zhu, Izabela Sokal and Krzysztof Palczewski).
2. Cooperativity in Ligand Binding to Deduce Receptor/Receptor Interaction (Meritxell Vivo and Philip G. Strange).
3. Analysis of Receptor-Receptor Interaction Using Time-Resolved Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer (Douglas Ramsay and Graeme Milligan).
4. Real-Time Imaging of GPCR-Medicated Arresting Translocation as a Strategy to Evaluate Receptor-Protein Interactions (Robert H. Oakley, Larry S. Barak and Marc G. Caron).
5. Localization of G Protein Coupled Receptors and Interacting Proteins in Membrane Microdomains (K. Saidas Nair, Vijaya Narayanan and Vladlen Z. Slepak).
6. Identification of Peptide Ligand Binding Domains Within G Protein-Coupled Receptors Using Photoaffinity Labeling (Maoqing Dong and Laurence J. Miller).
7. Analysis in Real-Time of the Assembly and Disassembly of Soluble G Protein-Coupled Receptor-G Protein Complexes (Seam M. Biggs, Peter I. Simons, Anna Waller, Terry Founts, Tione Buranda, Eric R. Prossnitz and Larry A. Sklar).
8. Approaches to Studying Membrane Protein Oligomerization: Use of Cysteine Cross-Linking Strategies to Analyze Receptor-Receptor Interactions (Jonathan A. Javitch, Wen Guo and Marisa E. Ring).
9. Co-Immunoprecipitation as a Strategy to Evaluate Receptor-Receptor or Receptor-Protein Interactions (Randy A. Hall).
10. Use of MALDI-TOF and Mass Spectrometry in the Evaluation of Receptor-Protein Interactions (John R. Raymond, Henry Ayiku, Justin Turner, Andrew Gelasco and John M. Arthur).
11. Use of the Yeast Two-Hybrid System to Detect Receptor-Protein Interactions (Ridwan Lin, Nadine Kabbani, Alicia Binda, Victor Canfield and Robert Levenson).
12. GST Fusion Protein and Pull-down Strategies to Evaluate Receptor-Receptor or Receptor-Protein Interactions (Frank J.S. Lee and Fang Liu).
13. G-Protein-Coupled Fusion to Monitor Integral Membrane Protein-Protein Interactions (Henrik Dohlman and Kathleen Ehrhard).
14. Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assays as Tools in Studying Interactions of G-Protein-Coupled Receptors (Torsten Schöneberg, Katrin Sangkuhl, Holger Römpler and Angela Schulz).
15. Electrophysiological Characterization of GPCR and Ligand-Gated Channel Crosstalk (Tak Pan Wong, Xian-Ming Yu and Yu Tian Wang).
16. BRET as a Strategy to Evaluate Receptor-Receptor or Receptor-Protein Interactions (Karen A. Eidne and Kevin D.G. Pfleger).
BRIAN F. O'DOWD, PhD, is Professor in the Department of Pharmacology at the University of Toronto and a Section Head of Molecular Pharmacology at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto.
" ... The Essentials of Trading will help those contemplating hands-on investing to determine whether they're cut out for the perilous and profitable world of global financial markets. If they proceed, Essentials will have armed them with the tricks for discipline and risk management." -- Rachel Koning Beals, SFO Magazine (July 2006)