Cell Cycle and Growth Control: Biomolecular Regulation and Cancer, 2nd Edition
Cell Cycle and Growth Control: Biomolecular Regulation and Cancer, Second Edition provides a solid basis for understanding cell cycle and growth control as it relates to biological regulation, with a special emphasis on examining these processes in the context of cancer. Newly updated with the latest significant advances, this Second Edition features:
* Cutting-edge applications in clinical diagnostics and therapeutics
* Focus on mechanisms mediating the control of proliferation
* Numerous clear illustrations
* Extensive bibliography
* Well-recognized, expert chapter authors
* Video clips on accompanying Web site showing cell cycle control
Cell Cycle and Growth Control, Second Edition offers both an introduction to important concepts and detailed discussion of regulatory mechanisms at the cellular, biochemical, genetic, and molecular levels. The only book to comprehensively cover both the foundations and cutting-edge advances in understanding cell cycle and growth control, this text also contains an expert perspective on innovative strategies for cancer treatment, making it a vital companion for researcher and clinician alike.
1. Cell Fates (Arthur B. Pardee).
2. Architectural Organization of the Regulatory Machinery for Transcription, Replication, and Repair: Dynamic Temporal-Spatial Parameters of Cell Cycle Control (Corey D. Braastad, Sayyed K. Zaidi, Martin Montecino, Jane B. Lian, André J. van Wijnen, Janet L. Stein, and Gary S. Stein).
3. Cell Cycle Regulatory Cascades (Heide L. Ford, Robert A. Sclafani, and James Degregori).
4. Membrane Receptors and Signal Transduction Pathways in G1: Regulation of Liver Regeneration and T Cell Proliferation (Joseph F. Porter and David T. Denhardt).
5. Onset of DNA Synthesis and S Phase (G. Prem-Veer Reddy, Eugenia Cifuentes, Uma Bai, Mani Menon, and Evelyn R. Barrack).
6. The Progression and Regulation of Mitotic Events (Greenfield Sluder, Edward H. Hinchcliffe, and Conly L. Rieder).
7. Cell Cycle Inhibitory Proteins (Carmen Carneiro and Andrew Koff).
8. Chromatin Remodeling and Cancer (Cynthia J. Guidi and Anthony N. Imbalzano).
9. Extracellular Matrix:Tissue-Specific Regulator of Cell Proliferation (Aylin Rizki and Mina J. Bissell).
10. Angiogenesis and Blood Supply (Judah Folkman).
11. Regulation of Cell Growth, Differentiation, and Death during Metamorphosis (Hans Laufer and Eric H. Baehrecke).
12. Translational Control and the Cell Cycle (Robert E. Rhoads).
13. Telomere Structure and Function Provides Insights into the Generation of Genomic Instability and Carcinogenesis (Colleen Fordyce and Thea D.Tlsty).
14. Immortalization by SV4O Large T Antigen (Rowena L. Lock, Silvia Benvenuti, and Parmjit S. Jat).
15. Apoptosis Signaling in Normal and Cancer Cells (Shulin Wang and Wafik S. El-Deiry).
16. Mutagenesis, Mutations, and DNA Repair (Roger D. Johnson).
17. Oncogenes (Stacey J. Baker and E. Premkumar Reddy).
18. Role of the Retinoblastoma Family in Cell Cycle Progression and Growth Control (Valeria Masciullo and Antonio Giordano).
19. p53 Tumor-Suppressor Genes (Faith A. Zamamiri-Davis and Gerard P. Zambetti).
20. Cell Cycle and Growth Control: Current Clinical Applications (Michael Deininger).
21. Misregulated Fate—Cancer (Arthur B. Pardee).
Dr. Arthur B. Pardee is Professor Emeritus, Harvard University. For over 20 years he was Professor of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard University, and Chief, Division of Cell Growth and Regulation, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. He is an elected fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and has served as president of the American Society of Biological Chemists and American Association for Cancer Research. Dr. Pardee's pioneering work in mammalian cells is the foundation for our current understanding of mechanisms that govern competency for proliferation and cell cycle progression.
"…highly recommended for academic and special libraries with relevant research areas and course offerings." (E-STREAMS, January 2005)
"…the book provides a wealth of information and it will be a valuable reference guide for researchers studying mechanisms of normal and aberrant cell growth." (Doody's Electronic Journal)
Cell Cycle and Growth Control: Biomolecular Regulation and Cancer, 2nd Edition (US $239.95)
Total List Price: US $394.90
Discounted Price: US $296.17 (Save: US $98.73)