The Embryonic Human Brain: An Atlas of Developmental Stages, 2nd Edition
Clearly written and detailed, this Second Edition presents the most accurate photographs, drawings, and photomicrographs of the human brain, including lateral views and median reconstructions of the brain at each stage, with revised tables and ages conforming with the most current ultrasonic findings in the field. The Embryonic Human Brain: An Atlas of Developmental Stages, Second Edition contains essential information on the embryonic period proper (the first eight postovulatory weeks) by providing:
* New figures on arteries, based on the well-known studies of Padget
* Over 300 figures of the embryonic and fetal human brain
* The latest information concerning the cerebellum in both the embryonic and fetal periods, with special attention paid to hippocampal formation
* An expanded account of the fetal period, emphasizing continuity of development, with supplemental postnatal images
* A timely, expanded bibliography, and new appendices relating to median features, tracts, and the rhombencephalon
The Embryonic Human Brain: An Atlas of Developmental Stages, Second Edition is an authoritative and indispensable resource for neuroscientists, developmental biologists, neurologists, and neurosurgeons, and is an essential handbook on current knowledge of human development for psychiatric and psychological professionals worldwide.
Terminology and Definitions.
Stage 9:The Major Divisions of the Brain.
Stage11: Closure of the Rostral Neuropore.
Stage 14: The Future Cerebral Hemispheres.
Stage 16: Evagination of the Neurohypophysis.
Stage 17: The Future Olfactory Bulb and the First Amygdaloid Nuclei.
Stage 22: The Internal Capsule and the Olfactory Tract.
Stage 23: The Brain at the End of the Embryonic Period.
Early Postnatal Life.
The Embryonic Human Brain: An Atlas of Developmental Stages, 2nd Edition (US $309.50)
Total List Price: US $335.45
Discounted Price: US $251.58 (Save: US $83.87)