Implementing Six Sigma: Smarter Solutions Using Statistical Methods, 2nd Edition
April 2003, ©2003
- Includes new and expanded coverage of Six Sigma infrastructure building and benchmarking.
- Provides plans, checklists, metrics, and pitfalls.
PART I: S4/IEE DEPLOYMENT AND DEFINE PHASE FROM DMAIC.
1. Six Sigma Overview and S4/IEEE Implementation.
2. Voice of the Customer and the S4/IEEE Define Phase.
PART II: S4/IEE MEASURE PHASE FROM DMAIC.
3. Measurement and the S4/IEEE Measurement Phase.
4. Process Flow Charting/Process Mapping.
5. Basic Tools.
7. Overview of Distributions and Statistical Processes.
8. Probability and Hazard Plotting.
9. Six Sigma Measurements.
10. Basic Control Charts.
11. Process Capability and Process Performance Metrics.
12. Measurement Systems Analysis.
13. Cause-and-Effect Matrix and Quality Function Deployment.
14. FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis).
PART III: S4/IEE ANALYZE PHASE FROM DMAIC (OR PASSIVE ANALYSIS PHASE).
15. Visualization of Data.
16. Confidence Intervals and Hypothesis Tests.
17. Inferences: Continuous Response.
18. Inference: Attribute (Pass/Fail) Response.
19. Comparison Tests: Continuous Response.
20. Comparison Tests: Attribute (Pass/Fail) Response.
22. Variance Components.
23. Correlation and Simple Linear Regression.
24. Single-Factor (One-Way) Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) and Analysis of Means (ANOM).
25. Two-Factor (Two-Way) Analysis of Variance.
26. Multiple Regression, Logistic Regression, and Indicator Variables.
PART IV: S4/IEE IMPROVE PHASE FROM DMAIC (OR PROACTIVE TESTING PHASE).
27. Benefiting from Design of Experiments (DOE).
28. Understanding the Creation of Full and Fractional Factorial 2K DOEs.
29. Planning 2K DOEs.
30. Design and Analysis of 2K DOEs.
31. Other DOE Considerations.
32. Robust DOE.
33. Response Surface Methodology.
PART V: S4/IEE CONTROL PHASE FROM DMAIC AND APPLICATION EXAMPLES.
34. Short-Run and Target Control Charts.
35. Control Charting Alternatives.
36. Exponentially Weighted Moving Average (EWMA) and Engineering Process Control (EPC).
37. Pre-Control Charts.
38. Control, Plan, Poka-Yoke, Realistic Tolerancing, and Project Completion.
39. Reliability Testing/Assessment: Overview.
40. Reliability Testing/Assessment: Repairable System.
41. Reliability Testing/Assessment: Nonrepairable Devices.
42. Pass/Fall Functional Testing.
43. S4/IEEE Application Examples.
PART VI: S4/IEE LEAN AND THEORY OF CONSTRAINTS.
44. Lean and Its Integration with S4/IEEE .
45. Integrating of Theory of Constraints (TOC) in S4 /IEE.
PART VII: DFSS AND 21-STEP INTEGRATION OF THE TOOLS.
46. Manufacturing Applications and A 21-Step Integration of the Tools.
47. Service/Transactional Applications and A 21-Step Integration of the Tools.
48. DFSS Overview and Tools.
49. Product DFSS.
50. Process DFSS.
PART VIII: MANAGEMENT OF INFRASTRUCTURE AND TEAM EXECUTION.
51. Change Management.
52. Project Management and Financial Analysis.
53. Team Effectiveness.
55. Alignment of Management Initiatives and Strategies with S4/IEEE .
Appendix A. Supplemental Information.
Appendix B. Equations for the Distributions.
Appendix C. Mathematical Relationships.
Appendix D. DOE Supplement.
Appendix E. Reference Tables.
List of Symbols.
Forrest W. Breyfogle III is the founder and President of Smarter Solutions, Inc., a company specializing in training andconsulting in Six Sigma methodologies. He is the author of Statistical Methods for Testing, Development, and Manufacturing and Implementing Six Sigma and coauthor of Managing Six Sigma, all published by Wiley.
"An excellent reference book that should be on every individual involved in Six Sigma or even just quality assurance/quality improvement." (TQM Magazine)
"...a useful guide for both academia and organizations...useful source of reference for researchers...an excellent reference book..." (The TQM Magazine, Vol 15(6) 2003)2004 Crosby Medal Winner