DWDM: Networks, Devices, and Technology
October 2002, Wiley-IEEE Press
The race for unprecedented bandwidth is on - and DWDM(Dense Wave-length Division Multiplexing) is opening the way. DWDM is the technology that allows multiple streams of data to flow in one optical fiber of optical communication network. DWDM is the key technology at the heart of new systems and networks that offers more bandwidth at less cost. Soon, DWDM promises to change bandwidth from a premium to a commodity item.
DWDM: Networks, Devices, and Technology provides a comprehensive treatment of DWDM, its technology, systems, and networks, as well as engineering design. It explains how DWDM works, how it is used in system design, how optical network architecture can benefit from DWDM, and what the design issues are.
Written by an expert in the field, the book covers:
- Current telecommunication networks and their issues
- Current telecommunication systems and networks
- New and emerging photonic technologies in development
- Optical and photonic physics that describe DWDM components‚ the building blocks of DWDM - and how they are used
- New optical systems, devices, and networks that are replacing electronics How optical and photonic devices are used in photonic systems
- How DWDM systems are engineered and constructed using photonic components
- The strengths, faults, efficiencies, and issues relevant to DWDM systems and networks
- New emerging technologies Suitably detailed yet clear and concise, this is a comprehensive reference that makes this new technology wholly accessible to both practicing engineers and students.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
DWDM: Networks, Devices, and Technology (US $138.00)
-and- Free Space Optical Networks for Ultra-Broad Band Services (US $103.95)
Total List Price: US $241.95
Discounted Price: US $181.46 (Save: US $60.49)