Handbook of Child Psychology, Volume 4, Child Psychology in Practice, 6th Edition
Volume 4: Child Psychology in Practice, edited by K. Ann Renninger, Swarthmore College, and Irving E. Sigel, Educational Testing Service, covers child psychology in clinical and educational practice. New topics addressed include educational assessment and evaluation, character education, learning disabilities, mental retardation, media and popular culture, children's health and parenting.
Introduction: Child Psychology Research in Practice (K. Renninger & I. Sigel).
SECTION ONE: RESEARCH ADVANCED AND IMPLICATIONS FOR PRACTICE IN EDUCATION.
1. Early Childhood Development and Education (M. Hyson, et al.).
2. Assessments of Early Reading (S. Paris & A. Paris).
3. Becoming Bilingual, Biliterate, and Bicultural (C. Snow & J. Kang).
4. Mathematical Thinking and Learning (E. De Corte & L. Verschaffel).
5. Scientific Thinking and Science Literacy (R. Lehrer & L. Schauble).
6. Education for Spatial Thinking (L. Liben).
7. Character Education (D. lapsley & D. Narvaez).
8. Learning Environments (P. Blumenfeld, et al.).
SECTION TWO: RESEARCH ADVANCED AND IMPLICATIONS FOR CLINICAL APPLICATIONS.
9. Self-REgulations and Effort Investment (M. Boekaerts).
10. Risk and Prevention (R. Selman & A. Dray).
11. Learning Disabilities (V. Berninger).
12. Mental Retardation (R. Hodapp & E. Dykens).
13. Developmental Psychopathology and Preventive Intervention (D. Cicchetti & S. Toth).
14. Families and Early Childhood Interventions (D. Powell).
15. School-based Social and Emotional Learning Programs (J. Kress & M. Elias).
16. Children and War Trauma (A. Klingman).
SECTION THREE: RESEARCH ADVANCED AND IMPLICATIONS FOR SOCIAL POLICY AND SOCIAL ACTION.
17. Cultural Pathways Through Human Development (P. Greenfield, et al.).
18. Childhood Poverty, Policy, and Practice (V. McLoyd, et al.).
19. The Child and them Law (M. Bruck, et al.).
20. Media and Popular Culture (G. Comstock & E. Scharrer).
21. Children's Health and Education (C. Ramey, et al.).
22. Parenting Science and Practice (M. Bornstein).
23. Nonparental Child Care: Context, Concepts, Correlates, and Consequences (M. Lamb & L. Ahnert).
24. Research to Practice Redefined (I. Sigel).
Handbook of Child Psychology, Volume 4, Child Psychology in Practice, 6th Edition (US $270.00)
-and- Cyberbullying: Bullying in the Digital Age, 2nd Edition (US $25.95)
Total List Price: US $295.95
Discounted Price: US $221.96 (Save: US $73.99)