Adaptive Control Design and Analysis
July 2003, Wiley-IEEE Press
Today, adaptive control theory has grown to be a rigorous and mature discipline. As the advantages of adaptive systems for developing advanced applications grow apparent, adaptive control is becoming more popular in many fields of engineering and science. Using a simple, balanced, and harmonious style, this book provides a convenient introduction to the subject and improves one's understanding of adaptive control theory.
Adaptive Control Design and Analysis features:
- Introduction to systems and control
- Stability, operator norms, and signal convergence
- Adaptive parameter estimation
- State feedback adaptive control designs
- Parametrization of state observers for adaptive control
- Unified continuous and discrete-time adaptive control
- L1+a robustness theory for adaptive systems
- Direct and indirect adaptive control designs
- Benchmark comparison study of adaptive control designs
- Multivariate adaptive control
- Nonlinear adaptive control
- Adaptive compensation of actuator nonlinearities
- End-of-chapter discussion, problems, and advanced topics
2. Systems Theory.
3. Adaptive Parameter Estimation.
4. Adaptive State Feedback Control.
5. Continuous-Time Model Reference Adaptive Control.
6. Discrete-Time Model Reference Adaptive Control.
7. Indirect Adaptive Control.
8. A Comparison Study.
9. Multivariable Adaptive Control.
10. Adaptive Control of Systems with Nonlinearities.
"…discusses theory thoroughly with all proofs given in considerable detail." (Mathematical Reviews, 2004f)