Physical Chemistry of Macromolecules: Basic Principles and Issues, 2nd Edition
This book includes end of chapter problems and references, and also:
- Enables users to improve basic knowledge of biophysical chemistry and physical polymer chemistry.
- Explores fully the principles of macromolecular chemistry, methods for determining molecular weight and configuration of molecules, the structure of macromolecules, and their separations.
Preface to the First Edition.
2. Syntheses of Macromolecular Compounds.
3. Distribution of Molecular Weight.
4. Macromolecular Thermodynamics.
5. Chain Configuration.
6. Liquid Crystals.
7. Rubber Elasticity.
8. Viscosity and Viscoelasticity.
9. Osmotic Pressure.
12. Optical Rotatory Dispersion and Circular Dichroism.
13. High-Performance Liquid Chromatography and Electrophoresis.
14. Light Scattering.
15. Fourier Series.
16. Small-Angle X-Ray Scattering, Neutron Scattering, and Laser Light Scattering.
17. Electronic and Infrared Spectroscopy.
18. Protein Molecules.
19. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance.
20. X-Ray Crystallography.
"...a modern overview of polymer physical chemistry...a valuable addition to any polymer scientist's library, and it is hard to imagine anyone not getting a lot of useful information and inspiration from reading it." (Polymer News)