The Accessible Housing Design File
* Vehicular transportation and parking--Accessible vans, carports, and garages
* Site design and entrances--House placement, sloping sites, walks, crossings, bridges, lifts, ramps, and handrails
* Doors and doorways--Handles, locks, power openers, hallways, floor space, screen and storm doors, door widening, and door swings
* Windows--Forward reach and side reach windows, power operators, and windows as exits
* Kitchens--Knee and turnaround space, adjustable-height cabinets and counters, appliance siting, and control and handle placement
* Bathrooms--Grab bars, hydraulic seats, portable boom lifts, overhead track lifts, removable tub seats, tub controls, transfer and roll-in showers, and lavatory design
* Bedrooms--Maneuvering space and clearances, transfers at beds, lifts, communications and control systems, emergency exits, and equipment storage
As the percentage of elderly in our population increases and the civil rights of America's 43 million disabled citizens become better recognized, the need to create versatile environments that meet the needs of all potential users will continue to grow. This guide helps meet that need, making it essential reading for professional housing designers, specialists in aging and rehabilitation, and others involved in the design, manufacture, and construction of housing.
Entrances and Site Design.
Doors and Doorways.
The Accessible Housing Design File (US $99.00)
Total List Price: US $128.95
Discounted Price: US $96.71 (Save: US $32.24)