Introduction to Environmental Technology
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Introduction to Environmental Technology organizes a wealth of current need-to-know information into a reader-friendly format that maximizes learning. Throughout, it features case studies that apply the text information to real-world environmental challenges, and highlights numerous career options through profiles of actual people working in various aspects of this broad field.
This comprehensive, easy-to-understand text provides:
- An awareness of how the many facets of science, technology, and public policy are involved in environmental management protection.
- An understanding of the sources of pollution and the primary processes that control the fate of pollutants in air, water, and soil.
- Practical insights into the use of land, the benefits of wetlands, and the complex factors influencing land-use decisions.
- Comprehensive coverage of the main requirements of federal laws and regulations pertaining to hazardous waste, pollution prevention, and occupational health and safety.
- The basic principles needed to operate the latest pollution control and pollution monitoring equipment.