Landscapes in History: Design and Planning in the Eastern and Western Traditions , 2nd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This revised edition of Landscapes in History features for the first time new information-rarely available elsewhere in the literature-on landscape architecture in India, China, Southeast Asia, and Japan. It also expands the discussion of the modern period, including current North American planning and design practices.
This unique, highly regarded book traces the development of landscape architecture and environmental design from prehistory to modern times-in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and North America. It covers the many cultural, political, technological, and philosophical issues influencing land use throughout history, focusing not only on design topics but also on the environmental impact of human activity. Landscape architects, urban planners, and students of these disciplines will find here:
* The most comprehensive, in-depth, and up-to-date overview of the subject
* Hundreds of stunning photographs and design illustrations
* A scholarly yet accessible treatment, drawing on the latest research in archaeology, geography, and other disciplines
* The authors' own firsthand observations and travel experiences
* Insight into the evolution of landscape architecture as a discipline
* Useful chapter summaries and bibliographies
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Landscapes in History: Design and Planning in the Eastern and Western Traditions , 2nd Edition (US $155.00)
Total List Price: US $220.00
Discounted Price: US $165.00 (Save: US $55.00)