Adsorbents: Fundamentals and Applications
- Formulas for calculating the basic forces or potentials for adsorption
- Calculation of pore-size distribution from a single adsorption isotherm
- Rules for sorbent selection
- Fundamental principles for syntheses/preparation, adsorption properties, and applications of commercially available sorbents
- Mesoporous molecular sieves and zeolites
-¸-complexation sorbents and their applications
- Carbon nanotubes, pillared clays, and polymeric resins
Yang covers the explosion in the development of new nanoporous materials thoroughly, as the adsorption properties of some of these materials have remained largely unexplored. The whole of this book benefits from the new adsorbent designs made possible by the increase in desktop computing and molecular simulation, making Adsorbents useful to both practicing laboratories and graduate programs. Ralph Yang's comprehensive study contributes significantly to the resolution of separation and purification problems by adsorption technologies.
1. Introductory Remarks.
2. Fundamental Factors for Designing Adsorbent.
3. Sorbent Selection: Equilibrium Isotherms, Diffusion, Cyclic Processes, and Sorbent Selection Criteria.
4. Pore Size Distribution.
5. Activated Carbon.
6. Silica Gel, MCM, and Activated Alumina.
7. Zeolites and Molecular Sieves.
8. π-Complexation Sorbents and Applications.
9. Carbon Nanotubes, Pillared Clays, and Polymeric Resins.
10. Sorbents for Applications.
"...fulfils existing demand for a simple and comprehensive text devoted to commercial and novel adsorbents...a valuable guide..." (Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 125, No. 39, 2003)
Adsorbents: Fundamentals and Applications (US $171.00)
Total List Price: US $731.00
Discounted Price: US $529.50 (Save: US $201.50)