Marketing Management for the Hospitality Industry: A Strategic Approach
April 1997, ©1997
The time when you could run a hospitality business with nothing but a friendly smile and a strong work ethic has passed. Dining, lodging, and entertaining habits are changing rapidly as the information age revolutionizes the world economy. More than ever, businesses must focus their marketing efforts on specific segments within the market. Success in the hospitality industry demands that you develop the cutting-edge decision-making skills necessary for effective strategic market management.
Marketing Management for the Hospitality Industry provides comprehensive coverage of marketing from both long- and short-term perspectives. Each chapter is an actual component of an overall strategic marketing model, and the book's easy-to-read, hands-on approach simplifies complex material and enables you to grasp difficult concepts quickly and completely.
Inside you'll find:
- How-to's for planning long- and short-term marketing strategies
- Examples of successful marketing strategies
- Specific techniques for analyzing markets
- Strategic development and administrative aspects of marketing
- Sample strategic marketing plans that clearly demonstrate how marketing strategies are applied in both the lodging and foodservice segments of the industry
- Tips on integrating marketing strategy with overall business strategy
- Numerous charts and tables that support the text and clarify difficult points
Whether you are a marketing manager, general manager of a hotel or restaurant, corporate manager, or a student eager to make your mark on the industry, with this indispensable guide you will sharpen your competitive edge, reach the customers you need, and make the most of every opportunity to help your business grow.
Marketing Information Systems and Marketing Research.
Marketing Mix Variables.
Institutionalization and Controls.