Protein Sequencing and Identification Using Tandem Mass Spectrometry
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
The rapid expansion of searchable protein and DNA databases in recent years has triggered an explosive growth in the application of mass spectrometry to protein sequencing. This timely and authoritative book provides professionals and scientists in biotechnology research with complete coverage of procedures for analyzing protein sequences by mass spectrometry, including step-by-step guidelines for sample preparation, analysis, and data interpretation.
Michael Kinter and Nicholas Sherman present their own high-quality, laboratory-tested protocols for the analysis of a wide variety of samples, demonstrating how to carry out specific experiments and obtain fast, reliable results with a 99% success rate. Readers will get sufficient experimental detail to apply in their own laboratories, learn about the proper selection and operation of instruments, and gain essential insight into the fundamental principles of mass spectrometry and protein sequencing. Coverage includes:
- Peptide fragmentation and interpretation of product ion spectra
- Basic polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis
- Preparation of protein digests for sequencing experiments
- Mass spectrometric analysis using capillary liquid chromatography
- Techniques for protein identification by database searches
- Characterization of modified peptides using tandem mass spectrometry
And much more