Microwave and RF Wireless Systems
November 2000, ©2001
David Pozar, author of Microwave Engineering, Second Edition, has written a new text that introduces students to the field of wireless communications. This text offers a quantitative and, design-oriented presentation of the analog RF aspects of modern wireless telecommunications and data transmission systems from the antenna to the baseband level. Other topics include noise, intermodulation, dynamic range, system aspects of antennas and filter design.
This unique text takes an integrated approach to topics usually offered in a variety of separate courses on topics such as antennas and proagation, microwave systems and circuits, and communication systems. This approach allows for a complete presentation of wireless telecommunications systems designs.
The author's goal with this text is for the student to be able to analyze a complete radio system from the transmitter through the receiver front-end, and quantitatively evaluate factors.
Suitable for a one-semester course, at the senior or first year graduate level. Note certain sections have been denoted as advanced topics, suitable for graduate level courses.
Transmission Lines and Microwave Networks.
Noise and Distortion in Microwave Systems.
Antennas and Propagation for Wireless Systems.
Transistor Oscillators and Frequency Synthesizers.
- Offers thorough coverage of the RF aspects of wireless system design. This coverage provides students with an understanding of the overall operation of wireless systems and compiles the required technical subjects into one volume.
- Presentations from first principles. Students are introduced to principles before being asked to derive results. This presentation allows the student to base their results on familiar concepts. The inclusion of concepts also eliminates the need for other reference materials.
- Modern presentation of wireless systems. Provides the student with up-to-date material and allows faculty to presnet a course relevant to today's systems.
- Real world problems and examples. Provides a source of meaningful and interesting homework and exam problems.
- Prerequisite material covered. Text covers basic material on transmission lines, matching, and S parameters.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Microwave and RF Wireless Systems (US $241.95)
-and- LTE, WiMAX and WLAN Network Design, Optimization and Performance Analysis (US $176.00)
Total List Price: US $417.95
Discounted Price: US $313.46 (Save: US $104.49)