Janice VanCleave's Teaching the Fun of Math
Now you can help students develop their math skills while fostering a long-term love for mathematical exploration. In Janice VanCleave's Teaching the Fun of Math, the award-winning teacher and popular children's author gives you a wealth of teaching techniques for elementary and middle school math lessons that make learning fun.
By engaging students in these hands-on mathematical activities and investigations, you'll help them understand basic concepts, apply their mathematical thinking skills, and become independent math investigators. Covering a wide range of math topics--from numbers and operations, algebra, and measurements to geometry, data analysis, and probability--this invaluable classroom companion also:
* Features teaching tips and key terms for each ready-to-use, reproducible activity
* Adheres to the standards of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
* Makes it easy to adapt activities and investigations to different grade levels
* Provides advice on preparing materials and presenting each topic, as well as suggestions for challenging extensions
* Explains how the math problems apply in the real world
As with all of Janice VanCleave's books, the format is easy to follow and the required materials are inexpensive and easy to find. With Janice VanCleave's Teaching the Fund of Math you can inspire, challenge, and help your students improve their test scores--and develop a lifelong interest in math!
From the Author.
Guidelines for Using Math Investigations Successfully in the Classroom.
I. NUMBERS AND OPERATIONS.
1. Addition and Subtraction.
5. Fractions .
6. Ordering Fractions.
10. Calculation .
11. Algebraic Expressions.
1 2. Equations.
15. Weight and Mass.
18. Line Segment.
20. Types of Angles.
21. Measuring Angles.
26. Area of Circles.
27. Area of Parallelograms.
28. Area of Triangles.
33. Solid Figure.
34. Coordinate Grid.
V. DATA ANALYSIS AND PROBABILITY.
35. Counting Methods.
37. Bar Graphs.
38. Line Graph.
40. Median, Mode, and Range.
2. Adheres to the learning and content standards of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
3. Covers a wide range of math topics, including numbers and operations, algebra, measurement, geometry, data analysis and probability.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Janice VanCleave's Teaching the Fun of Math (US $21.95)
-and- Finding Mrs. Warnecke: The Difference Teachers Make (US $19.95)
Total List Price: US $41.90
Discounted Price: US $31.42 (Save: US $10.48)