Ecological Engineering and Ecosystem Restoration
* Provides a firm grounding the fundamentals, theory, and latest techniques.
* Includes completely updated case studies.
1. Why Ecological Engineering and Ecosystem Restoration.
3. Classification of Ecological Engineering.
5. Ecological Design Principles.
II. APPLICATIONS OF ECOLOGICAL ENGINEERING.
6. Lake and Reservoir Restoration.
7. STream and River Restoration.
8. Wetland Creation and Restoration.
9. Coastal Restoration.
10. Treatment Wetlands.
11. Bioremediation: Restoration of Contaminated Soils.
12. Mine and Disturbed Land Restoration.
13. Ecological Engineering in China.
III. ECOLOGICAL ENGINEERING TOOLS.
14. Modeling in Ecological Engineering and Ecosystem Restoration.
SVEN ERIK JØRGENSEN, PhD, is Professor of Environmental Chemistry at The Danish University of Pharmaceutical Sciences and at the Agriculture University of Denmark. He has written and edited fifty books, is a member of the editorial board of eleven journals, and is Editor in Chief of Ecological Modelling. He is also Chairman of ILEC’s (International Lake Environment Committee) scientific committee.
- Completely updated to account for the vast changes that have occurred in research over the past decade, and its effect on practice
- Now authored -not edited - by the founders and leading authorities on the subject.
- New edition written as a textbook, including further development of core concepts, providing important background information, and putting the techniques discussed in their proper research and academic context
- New focus on methodologies instead of case studies: genuine "how-to" guidance supplemented with proven, real-world experience.
- Provides a firm grounding in the fundamentals, theory, and latest techniques.
Ecological Engineering and Ecosystem Restoration (US $160.00)
Total List Price: US $241.00
Discounted Price: US $171.00 (Save: US $70.00)