Statistical Design and Analysis of Experiments: With Applications to Engineering and Science, 2nd Edition
- Features numerous examples using actual engineering and scientific studies.
- Presents statistics as an integral component of experimentation from the planning stage to the presentation of the conclusions.
- Deep and concentrated experimental design coverage, with equivalent but separate emphasis on the analysis of data from the various designs.
- Topics can be implemented by practitioners and do not require a high level of training in statistics.
- New edition includes new and updated material and computer output.
PART I: FUNDAMENTAL STATISTICAL CONCEPTS.
Statistics in Engineering and Science.
Fundamentals of Statistical Inference.
Inferences on Means and Standard Deviations.
PART II: DESIGN AND ANALYSIS WITH FACTORIAL STRUCTURE.
Statistical Principles in Experimental Design.
Factorial Experiments in Completely Randomized Designs.
Analysis of Completely Randomized Designs.
Fractional Factorial Experiments.
Analysis of Fractional Factorial Experiments.
PART III: DESIGN AND ANALYSIS WITH RANDOM EFFECTS.
Experiments in Randomized Block Designs.
Analysis of Designs with Random Factor Levels.
Special Designs for Process Improvement.
Analysis of Nested Designs and Designs for Process Improvement.
PART IV: DESIGN AND ANALYSIS WITH QUANTITATIVE PREDICTORS AND FACTORS.
Linear Regression with One Predicator Variables.
Linear Regression with Several Predicator Variables.
Linear Regression with Factors and Covariates as Predictors.
Designs and Analyses for Fitting Re sponse Surfaces.
Variable Selection Techniques.
Appendix: Statistical Tables.
RICHARD F. GUNST, PhD, is a professor in the Department of Statistical Science at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas.
JAMES L. HESS, PhD, is Staff Vice President, Operations, at Leggett & Platt Inc. in Carthage, Missouri.
- Material that was not intimately connected to the thrust of the book has been deleted
- Topics that supplemented existing topical coverage has been added
- Presentation has been rearranged.
"...can really provide useful information for the intended audience..." (Zentralblatt Math, Vol. 1029, 2004)
“...a practitioner’s guide to statistical methods for designing and analyzing experiments...” (Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, Vol. LXI, No. 3, September 2003)
"...a perfect desktop reference..." (Technometrics, Vol. 45, No. 3, August 2003)