Digital Creativity: Techniques for Digital Media and the Internet
At last-here is a book that links graphic design fundamentals to the technical and creative knowledge that graphic designers need to work in today's digital and electronic media.
Written by a designer for the designer, Digital Creativity explains computer technology in accessible terms as it covers key topics such as Web design, video, audio, and 2D and 3D animation.
This comprehensive guide presents an overview of the digital production pipeline, shares principles and techniques for all types of new media, and examines how professionals create commercial art and fine art. It is an excellent resource for students and design professionals who need the skills and information necessary to succeed in the highly competitive world of digital design.
* Special features include:
* Interviews with successful digital designers
* Hundreds of illustrations
* End-of-chapter learning exercises
* An information-packed companion Web site
* Coverage of software/hardware issues
The History of Digital Media.
The Basics of Digital Media.
The Production Pipleline.
Design and Typography.
Web Design and Production.
2D Animation: Traditional into Digital.
About the Author.
- Embeds fundamentals of graphic design within the context of electronic media. Fashioned to provide students with a solid conceptual and critical foundation by presenting a much-needed combination of technical explanations and creative techniques
- Covers creativity and how to combine the creative and the technical without compromising the design concept
- Examines various areas of new media, including typography, 2D and 3D animation, and audio and video issues
- Includes case studies and interviews in which well-known design practitioners deconstruct their own work. This allows students and professionals to better understand the creative process and how it can be used in their own work
- Includes hundreds of 4-color and b/w illustrations
- Coverage of software/hardware issues
- Pedagogy includes chapter summaries and exercises
Digital Creativity: Techniques for Digital Media and the Internet (US $85.00)
Total List Price: US $140.00
Discounted Price: US $105.00 (Save: US $35.00)