Microbial Physiology, 4th Edition
1. Introduction to Microbial Physiology.
2. Macromolecular Synthesis and Processing: DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis.
3. Bacterial Genetics: DNA Exchange, Recombination, Mutagenesis and Repair.
4. Microbial Physiology in the Genomic ERA: A Revolutionary Tale.
5. Regulation of Prokaryotic Gene Expression.
6. Bacteriophage Genetics.
7. Cell Structure and Function.
8. Central Pathways of Carbohydrate Metabolism.
9. Energy Production and Metabolite Transport.
10. Metabolism of Substrates Other than Glucose.
11. Fermentation Pathways.
12. Photosynthesis and Inorganic Metabolism.
13. Lipids and Sterols.
14. Nitrogen Metabolism.
15. Biosynthesis and Metabolism of Amino Acids.
16. Purines and Pyrimidines.
17. Bacterial Cell Division.
18. Microbial Stress Responses.
19. Bacterial Differentiation.
20. Host-Parasite Interactions.
- Entirely new chapter on microbial pathogenesis, covering the molecular cellular biology of viruses enabling infection of mammalian cells as well as the genetic factors regulating degeneration of host cells.
- Thorough revision of sections on amino acids and cell division.
- Text reflects new insights gained from genome projects.
- New treatment of these topics: inteins, alternative sigma factors, phage exclusion, synthesis of cell walls membranes, mitochondrial evolution, nitrogen fixation, extremophiles, stationary phase regulation, apoptosis, metal resistance.
Logical, easy-to-follow organization: introduction to cell structure and synthesis of cell components, followed by detailed discussions of genetics, metabolism, growth, and regulation.
"...expanded and reorganized based upon the rapid growth in the field since the last edition...highly recommended..." (E-Streams, Vol.5, No. 12, December 2002)
"Microbial Physiology (4th ed.) by Moat, Foster, and Spector is much improved compared to previous editions. The graphics in particular are vastly enhanced, making this a very useful book." (ASM News)"[Microbial Physiology, Fourth Edition] is the best available text in the field today and a must for any microbiologist needing an up-to-date knowledge of the biochemistry and molecular biology of metabolism in microorganisms.... I recommend it highly!" Alan D. Antoine, Ph.D., Dept. of Biochemistry & Microbiology, Rutgers University
"[Microbial Physiology, Fourth Edition] will be welcomed as a book for teaching at several levels, and as a handbook for reasearchers in various fields of microbial physiology." Arthur L. Koch, Biology Department, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Microbial Physiology, 4th Edition (US $169.95)
-and- Molecular Techniques for the Study of Hospital Acquired Infection (US $164.95)
Total List Price: US $334.90
Discounted Price: US $251.17 (Save: US $83.73)