Population Genetics and Microevolutionary Theory
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
The advances made possible by the development of molecular techniques have in recent years revolutionized quantitative genetics and its relevance for population genetics. Population Genetics and Microevolutionary Theory takes a modern approach to population genetics, incorporating modern molecular biology, species-level evolutionary biology, and a thorough acknowledgment of quantitative genetics as the theoretical basis for population genetics.
- Logically organized into three main sections on population structure and history, genotype-phenotype interactions, and selection/adaptation
- Extensive use of real examples to illustrate concepts
- Written in a clear and accessible manner and devoid of complex mathematical equations
- Includes the author's introduction to background material as well as a conclusion for a handy overview of the field and its modern applications
- Each chapter ends with a set of review questions and answers
- Offers helpful general references and Internet links