Incorporating Spirituality in Counseling and Psychotherapy: Theory and Technique
November 2002, ©2003
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
-Dr. Thomas J. Russo, Department of Counseling and School Psychology, University of Wisconsin--River Falls
Incorporating Spirituality in Counseling and Psychotherapy presents an applied, insightful, and well-researched overview of the theory, practice, and ethics of integrating spiritual and religious themes and rituals into traditional therapy models. This well-conceived and immensely readable text examines common barriers and bridges between spirituality and mental health and documents the effectiveness of using spiritual practices and concepts in treatment. Most important, it encourages readers, through group activities and individual reflection, to consider their own spiritual belief systems and biases before engaging clients in therapy with a spiritual base.
Key features of this book include:
* A synopsis of the major Eastern and Western religions and spiritual movements
* Theoretical, cultural, and ethical implications of incorporating spirituality in counseling
* Practical methods for helping clients develop a spiritual identity
* Proven techniques for incorporating spiritual practices in treatment
* Case studies providing complex, real-life scenarios, as well as questions and activities for individual and group discussion
A practical book for students and a valuable resource for counselors, psychologists, social workers, addiction specialists, and other mental health professionals, Incorporating Spirituality in Counseling and Psychotherapy offers expert guidance on how to handle issues of spirituality in furthering the therapeutic process.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Incorporating Spirituality in Counseling and Psychotherapy: Theory and Technique (US $60.00)
Total List Price: US $145.00
Discounted Price: US $108.75 (Save: US $36.25)