Molecular Biology of Circadian Rhythms
PART I: INTRODUCTION TO CIRCADIAN RHYTHMS.
1. General Concepts (Amita Sehgal).
2. Genetic and Molecular Approaches Used to Analyze Rhythms (Amita Sehgal and Jeffrey L. Price).
PART II: MOLECULAR CONTROL OF CIRCADIAN RHYTHMS: ANIMAL MODELS.
3. Drosophila melanogaster: A Model System for Molecular Chronobiology (Jeffrey L. Price).
4. Molecular Analysis of Circadian Rhythms: Nonmammalian Vertebrates (Julie A. Williams).
5. Genetic Basis for Circadian Rhythms in Mammals (John D. Alvarez).
PART III: MOLECULAR CONTROL OF CIRCADIAN RHYTHMS: FROM CYANOBACTERIA TO PLANTS.
6. Circadian Rhythms in Cyanobacteria (Nirnjini Naidoo).
7. Molecular Analysis of Circadian Rhythms in Neurospora (Amita Sehgal).
8. Physiological and Molecular Characteristics of Plant Circadian Clocks (Jose A. Jarillo, Juan Capel, and Anthony R. Cashmore).
PART IV: CIRCADIAN ORGANIZATION IN COMPLEX ORGANISMS.
9. Multiple Oscillators (Jadwiga M. Giebultowicz).
10. Hormonal Rhythms (Peter McNamara).
11. Human Circadian Rhythms (Hans P. A. Van Dongen, Gerard A. Kerkhof, and David F. Dinges).
“…a good introduction to anyone who is interested in learning about the molecular mechanisms behind circadian rhythms…” (Cell Biochemistry and Function, Vol. 23 (4) July 2005)
"...valuable reading for biological or medical scientists and many practitioners. As a first in its field, the volume is sure to become a classic." (Quarterly Review of Biology, March-May 2005)
"...a timely snapshot of the molecular mechanisms of biological timekeeping as we understand it today." (Genes, Brain and Behavior, March 2005)
"…better than a good book…The Alvarez chapter alone justifies its purchase, and several other excellent chapters are also quite useful." (Clinical Chemistry, January 2005)
“…presents a comprehensive account of the current state of chronobiology, delivering a ready resource for students and practitioners.” (Bio World (Germany), Vol.9, No.5 2004)
"…few other books on this subject are available. The material is on interest event to those not in the area." (Doody's Health Services)
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Molecular Biology of Circadian Rhythms (US $169.95)
-and- Molecular Biology Problem Solver: A Laboratory Guide (US $149.95)
Total List Price: US $319.90
Discounted Price: US $239.92 (Save: US $79.98)