The Web Testing Companion: The Insider's Guide to Efficient and Effective Tests
- Written by one of Microsoft's key testing trainers, this hands-on tutorial and reference explains why, when, what, and how to test
- Teaches new and experienced testers how to analyze and properly test Web applications
- Filled with practical advice that can be immediately applied to any Web-testing task, on any browser running on any platform
- Concentrates on proven solutions and presents the material in a way that will help develop a professional skill set in novice testers and will improve the productivity of all testers
- Companion Web site includes dozens of valuable templates and test patterns that will allow readers to rapidly conduct tests in multiple languages against all browser and operating-system combinations
About the Author.
PART I. BECOMING A TESTER.
Chapter 1. Getting Started with Testing.
Chapter 2. The Theory of Software Testing.
Chapter 3. The Prcatice of Software Testing.
Chapter 4. Starting in on Web Testing.
PART II. CLIENT-SIDE TESTING.
Chapter 5. Testing HTML -- The Static Web.
Chapter 6. The Dynamic Web.
Chapter 7. Character Sets, Code Pages, and Glyphs.
PART III. SERVER-SIDE TESTING.
Chapter 8. Performance Testing.
Chapter 9. Security Testing.
PART IV. BEING A TESTER.
Chapter 10. Automation.
Chapter 11. Test Planning and Design.
Chapter 12. On Being a Professional.
PART V. TESTING REFERENCE APPENDICES.
Appendix A. Code Pages.
Appendox B. Unicode Ranges.
Appendox C. Language Guides.
Appendix D. System Guides to Configuring Your Mah\chines.
Appendix E. HTTP Response codes.
Appendix F. Languages and Mappings.
Appendix G. Problem Characters and Sample Test Input.
Appendox H. Testing Checklist Questions.
Appendix I. Forms and Templates.
Appendix J. Tools.
Appendix K. Relevant RFCs, ISO Standards, and IEEE Standards.
Appendix L. Numeric References.
Appendix M. Web Site References.
Appendix N. Bibliography and Recommended Reading.
Appendix O. Glossary.
Appendix P. What's on the Web Site.