- The official guide to Resin, authorized by the company that invented the product, Caucho Technology
- Offers a comprehensive tutorial and reference on how to use all flavors of Resin, including the basic Resin server, Resin-CMP, and Resin-Enterprise
- Demonstrates how to build enterprise Java applications, optimize performance, and use other tools with Resin
- Illustrates how to configure Resin for various commercial and open source hardware platforms, maintain high availability of the server, and use all of the advanced features
- Companion Web site includes updates on the technology and links to useful resources and tools
PART I. INTRODUCTION TO RESIN.
Chapter 1. Resin Setup.
Chapter 2. Web Server Configuration.
Chapter 3. Resin and Java Technologies.
PART II. APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT WITH RESIN.
Chapter 4. Using JSP with Resin.
Chapter 5. Estending JSP to Use Servlets.
Chapter 6. Native Resin XTP.
Chapter 7. Advanced Reporting Using XSL Stylesheets.
Chapter 8. JSP, Resin, and Beans.
Chapter 9. Web Services Using Resin-XML Burlap.
Chapter 10. Writing Web Service with Hessian Binary Web Service Protocol.
Chapter 11. Resin-CMP.
Chapter 12. Resin-EJB.
Chapter 13. HTML Parsing.
Chapter 14. Servlet Filters.
Chapter 15. Database Connections.
Chapter 16. Debugging.
Chapter 17. Security.
Chapter 18. Dynamic Code Updates.
Chapter 19. Page Caching.
PART III. ADVANCED RESIN ADMINISTRATION.
Chapter 20. Resin Server Configuration.
Chapter 21. Allowing Virtual Hosting.
Chapter 22. Resin Hardcore.
Chapter 23. Reliability and Load Balancing.
PART IV. APPENDIXES.
Appendix A. Working with Resin Source Code.
Appendix B. Obtaining Book Examples.
JOSEPH D. GRADECKI is a software engineer at Comprehensive Software Solutions and an associate professor of computer science at Colorado Technical University. He is an expert in building enterprise applications using Java, servlets, JSPs, Resin, XML, and MySQL. Gradecki is also the co-author of MySQL and Java Developers Guide (Wiley).
|Download the sample files
The authors have provided sample files so that you may follow along with the text and fully utilize it teachings. Please click on the file to download the archived files. The example files have been archived to make downloading simpler. You will need a program like WinRAR or WinZIP to decompress the files to your hard drive.
|480.32 KB||Click to Download|
Welcome to the Mastering Resin companion Web site.
The authors have provided sample files so that you may follow along with the text and fully utilize it teachings. Please click on the link to download the archived files.
Resin_code.zip can be found on the download page.
The example files have been archived to make downloading simpler. To open the archives you will have to download Winrar or a similar utility to extract the files.